Huwebes, Oktubre 3, 2013

Hell week Break

       “Hell week” a series of days of not sleeping, relaxing and having fun. That's what UP students suffer when finals is coming. It is the horror of all horror. Scary as it seems but really it makes UP students a living zombie. If you don't want to get failing grades, you really have to work hard for it. The word “sleep”  or even “rest” will no longer be part of your vocabulary. If struggling for survival would help you then you really have to take the risk.

        

        Just the smell of it makes my stomach rumble. I thought leaking saliva only happens in movies but honestly it actually happens. Just leaning to the right side of the canteen as you enter lets me see heaven  or maybe I am exaggerating, food stall maybe. Seeing it is just makes me feel to have just a very short break. I can't actually go out to the canteen without having one. I often go there and study. Our brain is like an engine that needs fuel as for me my brain needs siomai.


One thing I know to relieve my stress in too much plates and papers is to go to the canteen. The canteen is the best place to eat and at the same time to relax. Even for a short while I really want to try forgetting about all the thingamajigs that I have to do. Every time I go to the canteen there is really this smell that captivates my attention. Food maybe is very obvious but when you talk about better ones, the smell of siomai really catches my attention. It is not just a simple siomai. It was fried soimai, my stress therapy.

        Lining up for it will never be a waste.  As I open my mouth, I can immediately sense the spicy flavor of the added sauce for the fried siomai. Once I take my first bite from it my eyes closes as I hear its crunch. Munching it lets me taste a mix of ground pork and the unique blend of its fried taste. I can hardly identify if the wrapper was still there because it makes a great combination with the fried pork inside it. The chili sauce makes me feel like I am in a Filipino restaurant. I feel like I am eating “sinugbang baboy” with a special blend of fried ribs. All those things takes me away from reality. It makes me forget hell week even for just 5 minutes of my life.

1 komento:

  1. indeed, lami jud kaayo ang siomai. good for a student like me nga maka experience pud ug hell week. #SimplePleasures

    TumugonBurahin